There are numerous poor Afrikaner communities throughout South Africa today surviving almost unbearable living conditions. Some facts:
- Demographics indicate that currently at least 600,000 Afrikaners can be classified as poor.
- There are more than 77 Afrikaner squatter camps in Pretoria alone and more than 430 nationwide.
- Between 1994 en 2005, Afrikaner poverty increased by 150%.
- There are currently 131,000 Afrikaner households that do not have adequate housing.
- The need for adequate housing is expected to increase by approximately 7,500 houses per year.